Thanks to its high quality and a thoroughly-controlled manufacturing process, the rolled steel produced by Arania for decades is present in countless objects that are part of our daily lives and habits. For example, without our steel we would not be able to move around, since most of the cars on the road today have parts made with Arania’s steel.
A simple shirt button, the aglet of a shoelace, but also the chassis structuring our vehicles: thanks to steel, our life is easier and more comfortable in countless ways, no doubt about it. Throughout history, the incredible qualities and strength of this resistant alloy have allowed us to develop items that can remain unchanged over time, both in state and design. The best proof is that the appearance or the manufacturing principle of many of them such as a knife or a wrench, have remained practically unaltered for centuries.
In other words, steel is a daily classic. At Arania, our relationship with this material goes beyond excellence in the manufacture of industrial products: steel itself represents a dream of modernity and innovation that is now more alive than ever.
- In addition to its incredible versatility, steel has the advantage of being largely recyclable (more than half of the steel produced in Spain comes from scrap metal).
- On average, a kilo of steel costs the same as a loaf of bread.
- More than 90% of the water used to make a ton of steel can be recycled.
- In the United States, more than 600 cans of rolled steel are recycled every second.
- Recycling a steel container can save enough energy to power a 60-watt bulb for nearly 4 years.
- Thanks to new alloys and modern high-precision rolling processes, steel for automotive industry is stronger, lighter and able to withstand corrosion for decades.
- A 2-mm diameter steel cable with the appropriate specifications can lift a ton of load.
- If the Eiffel Tower had been made with 21st century steel, it would weigh three to four times less.
- In 1918, the first car made of steel left the factory. Since then, steel seatbelts have become mandatory due to their ability to withstand high-speed shocks.
- Two-thirds of the cans in the world are made of rolled steel.
From high-strength microalloyed sheets to the latest high-precision cold rolling techniques, steel represents the union between technology and skills acquired generation after generation over centuries. Thanks to R&D and continuous optimisation dynamics, metallurgic key players such as Arania have achieved major improvements that make it possible to obtain the best performance for each type of steel, whether it is high or low carbon steel, alloyed or microalloyed, etc.
In addition, this structural process plays a decisive role in obtaining steels with the ideal degrees of strength, flexibility and durability for each industrial use and, therefore, becomes an essential aspect for lasting customer satisfaction.
Whether in the form of a safety component of our vehicle or a decorative element, the quality of the finished product that reaches customers’ hands depends on an exhaustive control of the entire process, but the key will always be the union between raw materials and technology. Whether it is high or low carbon steels, high-strength steels or steels with special characteristics for specific applications, at Arania we consider cold rolled steel stripping as the fundamental stage when it comes to transforming this alloy into satisfaction, which will ultimately lead to successful projects