In spite of an abnormal industrial situation, the Arania quality brand continues to grow as a reference in the cold-rolled steel sector. In this sense, we have just renewed our ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 certifications, related to Health and Safety Management at Work and environmental protection, both remotely and on-site. Both standards reinforce Arania’s position as a leader in quality in all its processes.
Arania has been synonymous with quality at all levels since its creation in 1940. Within the sector of precision cold-rolled steel, reaching the highest quality is always the most important added value requested by large industrial customers. This not only affects the finished product, but all the processes interacting along the value chain, starting from the design of a product to its manufacturing, including human resources management, environmental protection, industrial safety…
Therefore, Arania has been awarded with several international quality certifications which confirm the company’s good practices in areas such as Quality Management, Environmental Management, Health and Safety Management at Work and Energy Use, among others. In this line, we have renewed our ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 certifications, a new step that will enable to bring the Arania quality brand to all our customers, for all sectors.
Established a few years ago, the ISO 45001 standard allows a company – through its Occupational Health and Safety Management System – to integrate aspects related to health and safety, such as the welfare of its entire team. The purpose is the elimination or reduction of risk in the work environment by means of a scalable certification.
With the renewal of ISO 45001, Arania is placing all its resources for the consecution of these objectives:
- Reduce accidents at work through prevention and control of occupational risks.
- Ensure compliance with legal obligations in terms of prevention of occupational hazards.
- Minimize penalties, lost materials and interruptions in the production process caused by work-related accidents, avoiding overcosts and disruptions in the quantity or quality of the production and, therefore, in the productivity of Arania.
- Increase the motivation and satisfaction of the employees.
Furthermore, ISO 14001 certification is an Environmental Management System (EMS) standard, proving that companies are responsible and committed to environmental protection. In order to preserve the Arania quality brand, we are aware that sustainability and conservation of the environment are factors that will become increasingly important when it comes to offering efficient solutions adapted to the 21st century.
- Knowledge of the environmental legislation and compliance with it.
- Efficient control of resources, reduced consumption of water, energy and other raw materials. The result is an optimization of production processes, reducing the amount of residues generated.
- Reduces the risk of environmental accidents and enables corrective measures to be taken in the event of system failures.
- Improved quality of the services provided and efficiency thanks to the implementation of monitoring procedures and work instructions.
- Favourable position towards competitors: reinforced image towards clients and other industrial actors, as well as motivation of workers.
- Promotes the relationship with local administration.