Arania’s protocol against COVID-19
How can we prevent the spread of the coronavirus in the steel industry? Arania implements a whole battery of safety, hygiene and prevention measures against COVID-19 in all its equipment and facilities. What does this new protocol represent? How will it affect the daily activity of each employee, client or collaborator? We’ll tell you.
Arania is adapting to this changing context, however adverse it may be, in order to continue working and transforming steel into illusions. We cannot stop, and neither can our clients. This week, we explain in detail this new industrial framework that will allow us to keep on fulfilling all our commitments, with the highest professionalism and total quality guarantee in all our cold rolled steel products.
The purpose of this protocol of measures against coronavirus is logical: we want our staff safe, preserving our activity and collaborating in stopping this epidemic representing a real test for the whole industrial, economic, social and human tissues. In this way, our Security Department will carry out regular audits on this protocol to guarantee its correct application.
First of all, Arania has divided its facilities in two areas to guarantee the maximum level of cleanliness and safety for the staff: sealed groups and common areas, in all our facilities, offices, warehouses, factory, workshops…
- Sealed groups: these are “impermeable” work areas, where the safety distance of 2 m must be maintained and only telephone contact can be made with other areas, without displacement.
- Common areas: use reduced to a minimum and no physical meetings. In addition, Arania has made entry and exit schedules more flexible to avoid crowding.
- Cleaning: facilities are disinfected by spraying more frequently, especially in the changing rooms and common areas. Before and after each shift, disinfectant sprays are used in each work area, and there are hydroalcoholic gel dispensers, tissues and hygiene containers in multiple points of the premises.
Arania’s team is the driving force that allows us to transform steel into illusions. Therefore, a series of measures have been taken to preserve our staff’s integrity, protecting all its members as much as possible from the epidemic.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment): mandatory use of mask and protective goggles, as well as disposable gloves in shared equipment.
- Personal care: in addition to frequent hand washing and avoiding contact with mouth, nose and eyes, all staff should take their temperature before going to work. If it is higher than 37oC, you should inform Arania and not go to your workplace.
- External staff: the aim is also to protect our partners, customers, collaborators, suppliers, workers, carriers… Therefore, Arania has reduced external visits to safety issues and maintenance operations.
- Transport and supply: reduced access for carriers, who must remain in their vehicle as long as possible, with small packages entering through the access control to avoid contacts.
Our team shows an incredible flexibility and an unmatched spirit of self-improvement on a daily basis. Both in our production centre in Amorebieta and in their homes, every day, the people working at Arania prove to be the company’s greatest asset through their motivation, their professional quality and their collective spirit. Together, we will overcome this bump in the road.